Wednesday, December 22, 2010
For my oldest daughters teacher, (fourth grade) I found this CUTE coaster set at the Local Scrapbooking store, Memory Bound. I ran into a friend while there, (LOVE YA Michelle) and she gave me a GREAT idea for what to do with them.. SO I did! Enjoy!!
I loved making this one, and the giving it was even better. I gave this to my youngest daughter PK teacher, and being today is going to be her last day there, due to me accepting a new job, I wanted to make the goodbye special.
Anyhow, heres the picture...
For this project I used the following:
- 8" wooden embroidery hoop
- 12" wooden embroidery hoop
- a roll of any type of ribbon
- at least 70+ crayons
- several tpes of wooden decor, in this case a large apple, school buss and several small decals, little kids, pencil book and then the alphabet set.
- I also got from the dollar tree a chalkboard.
- Cut the chalkboard to 8" round.
- Remove the metal screws from the hoops and hot glue them back together
- Take Crayons and hot glue them label side facing the same way, to both the 8 inch and 12 inch hoops. Make sure to pack them in pretty tight, I probably could have used more crayons in mine... Make sure that smaller hoop fits inside larger hoop evenly
- After gluing them all down, LET IT DRY! :)
- Run a slip knot braid throughout the crayons to add color. I did an over/under dealio.. not sure if I can describe it..
- I made sure it was all dry and fixed nice, then began adding the wooden pieces as you see.
- I then took the chalkboard, and glued it to the backside of the 8" hoop. Added some more wooden deco and called it done...
- You can use chalk to write on the chalkboard as well, and I did just write WELCOME on this one. Let the teacher know she can change it to however she wants.